Saturday, December 27, 2008

Artistic Voices (Assembly as Authorship)

We make out of our quarrels with each other rhetoric, but of the quarrel with ourselves, poetry.
-Yeats

I write plays because dialogue is a more respectable way of contradicting yourself.
-Tom Stoppard

If you are too serious you are in danger of having everything taken at face value, instead of being allowed to have layers.
-Joanna Newsom

I don't know why people can't see entertainment and enlightenment as part of the same concept.
-Evan Rachel Wood

Most of our funniest songs are about the saddest moments in my life.
-Derek Malakian


A poet is by the very nature of things a man who lives with entire sincerity, or rather, the better his poetry the more sincere his life. His life is an experiment in living... while we honour those that die upon the field of battle, a man may show as reckless a courage in entering into the abyss of himself.
-Yeats

My best writing cannot exist without my worst self. Or so I say.
-Johann Kwan

I'm not anything to get terribly excited about, but I want people to listen to my problems.
-Chris Ludecke

No comments:

Post a Comment