Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Badanistrax and the Zombies of the Four Winds

As you have picked up, I kind of like to make fun of D&D, (though I probably have no right, considering the incredibly dorky things I'm involved in). I've certainly teased my brother over his D&D obsession for a long time. But allow me to toot his horn a little -- that obsession finally paid off! A D&D adventure he has written is being published on-line. At this point, the adventure is free to download, they're soliciting feedback, and the plan is for it to eventually be collected in a book. Also, an article he's written on "Places of Myth and Magic" will be published in... some D&D magazine... um, I'll get back to you when I get more details from him. Anyways, I'm very proud of my little brother, and if you're the D&D playing type, you should check out his adventure!

While I'm promoting Kitz family members, I should really point out that my dad has his own website. He's got a novel, a kid's book, and a new book on the Psalms that has just came out. He also has does Bible-based dramas that are a nice alternative to your usual Sunday-morning fare. And of course you can find out about all of this stuff on his website.

Oh, what the heck. While I'm at it, you can now listen to some music I've played on-line. My friend Ben set the Beatitudes to music, and I and some other friends played along. It's a bit of a rough recording, and I'm selfish enough (and enough of a perfectionist) to wish some of the instruments I played would have found a better balance in the mix, but... Trust me, the songs are very tasty treats for your ears, and I am happy that we recorded the music the way we did (i.e. in live takes, gathered around one microphone). And you can listen to an instrumental piece I wrote for guitar here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the words of encouragement, and such. I'm actually going through the Sanctum of the Fiery Ladder (the open playtest adventure) to pick up those odd editiing changes and stuff that will be necessary before it one day sees print. (For those into such things its an adventure for D&D 3.5)

    The magazine article is going into a new publication that Polymancer Studios is releasing called Paladin. This should actually turn into an ongoing series of articles if I can get my act together . . . (Dual statted for both D&D 3.5 and 1e AD&D - OSCRIC.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening to your Beatitudes songs over on myspace. That's a pretty darn good set of recordings. Great stuff.
    Hope your plans to take it on the road work out!

    ReplyDelete