Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Summing up your life in two lines is fun!

Also a little disquieting.

[Somehow this post never made it out of my drafts folder, back when I wrote it about a month ago.]

A week from now I'll be playing the beatitudes out in BC. One of the performances will be at my friend Ben's home church, and they asked for little two line bios that they could print up in the bulletin.

I wrote out a few, just so I wouldn't get stuck on crafting the 'perfect one.' But then I couldn't decide, and just sent them all to Ben to pick the one he thought was best.

Apparently, I am incapable to describing my life seriously. (My life is a joke!) I present them here for other's amusement.

"Tim studies culture and music at Carleton University in Ottawa, and contemplates becoming a professional student. A few years back, he discovered that once you've learnt enough to play a few instruments poorly, it's not hard to just keep adding more."

"Tim reads too much for his own good, to the point where he has concluded that becoming a professional student might be the only positive contribution he can make to society. He once tried to escape from his pastor's kid upbringing by running away to a Christian commune. "

"Tim studies culture and music at Carleton University in Ottawa. He is still trying to figure out 'this Jesus guy.' " OR "He is still trying to figure out how to wrap his head and heart around Jesus."

"Tim studies culture and music at Carleton University in Ottawa, and plans on being a student forever. He listens to music and reads too much."

[He chose the last one. Not the funniest one, but probably the most 'appropriate' one.]

1 comment:

  1. These are all pretty great.

    I especially like the
    "Tim reads too much for his own good, to the point where he has concluded that becoming a professional student might be the only positive contribution he can make to society. He once tried to escape from his pastor's kid upbringing by running away to a Christian commune. "

    It says some really interesting things about you. . . And in some way kinda me too.

    ReplyDelete