Thursday, September 17, 2009

Introduction to enchantment

dream fragments like slivers of glass:
getting sucked into my mirrors,
fighting the consequences of capture,
it was like i was the rope holding her and she was untying me

does your hearbeat ever keep you up at night?
i stumble through old wounds
rubbed raw by my tongue, undone by my hope
please still my shaking, runing in tremolos of regret
silence my mind chatter, introduce me to myself
and untie my hobbled heart
leave me
washed fresh, with true-love tears.

haven't you ever been in a fairy tale before?

"sin like you mean it!"
sing like you've seen it
dream like you want it
fall like you can't.
(i am a weak vessel for love
but i promise to leave the candlelight of common sense behind
if you'll venture into the shadows with me
greeting solitude but passing it by
dismissing small fears and insecurities
persisting in these days of incredulity
struggling to live lives bound by love).

you know, Cupid dips his arrows in your eyes
and as i listen to the colours in your voice
the words i say no longer belong to me.
and it's easy to tell who's a friend:
you know your name is safe in their mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment