Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Word Games

Here's one I just made up. Try to make the longest possible sentence by combining band names. No added words allowed, or at least as few as possible.

You're allowed to drop the prefix 'The' from a band name if that will help. Here's my best attempt so far, though I cheated and added the words 'yet' and 'could' to make it work.

"They might be giants at the gates," the obsessed Emperor decided, "but if as I lay dying among thorns, earth against me, stars in flames if evil farm children possessed deep purple throbbing gristle, then I could die happy, mayhem overcome.

If you care, here it is with punctuation so you can see the individual band names. I capitalized the beginning of each new band name, and put the added words in caps:

"They might be giants At the gates, " The obsessed Emperor Decided, "BUT If As i lay dying Among thorns, Earth Against me, Stars In flames If Evil farm children Possessed Deep purple Throbbing gristle I COULD Die happy, Mayhem Overcome."

You could of course do the same thing with song, album, movie, or book titles. Or thoroughbred horse names! Man, have you watched the Kentucky Derby anytime in the past decade? There are some weirdly named horses out there.

(Speaking of weird, yes, I am aware of what a strange person I am. (Fortunately, the chances of my genes being passed onto the next generation are slim. (Yes, unfortunately, I have yet to meet a lady that accepts compulsive music-dork word games (and I mean compulsive, this definitely stopped me from sleeping one night (not that that takes much)) as some sort of mating ritual. (Though if on the off-chance you happen to be reading this, (oh dream of mine) would you like to get married? (Good, well, then, consider your ability to parse these nested parentheses as something of a litmus test (i.e. please e-mail me if you can actually get through this paragraph without getting a headache.(And if it actually makes you smile, let's just skip the ceremony and elope, eh?))))))).

Hey if you can't amuse yourself... I don't actually know how to finish that sentence. I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment